Friday, July 31, 2009

How much longer?


Can you tell I'm going somewhere? Yeah...I'm heading south the only place to go in the summer to visit Lee and Erin. Mallory will be the designated driver as we leave tomorrow and travel towards Atlanta to embrace her oldest brother and sister in love. I love Atlanta! Today is packing and preparing for the trip. Should I bring my golf clubs?

We're pumped to cheer on our other sister and daughter in love, Ashley, who by the way is participating in a mini ironman tomorrow! It certainly doesn't sound mini to me! I wouldn't call it that. Torture is torture no matter how mini and anything as grueling as an ironman has to be torture, right? Not apparently to those who stay in shape and workout on a "regular" basis. That's my problem, working out on a "regular" basis, now that's a different story. Anyway, I'm so inspired again by the youth that surround me because they take to heart the heart of the matter and that is taking care of their physical bodies which I might add...adds to their mental and spiritual stability. It all goes together and that is why with the help of my accountability partner who says he is going to buy us some bikes one day soon, I'll be on the road to becoming more "fit" while having fun too. I just have flashbacks to the time when my dear sweet partner caused me to crash in the middle of Royal Palm Blvd. in Ft. Myers, Florida stopping traffic for what seemed to be eternity before helping me up laughing all the while and saying, "You didn't learn how to ride a bike very well!" No, I didn't learn how to protect myself from someone intentionally trying to wreck me! Needless to say, I've thought about the bike thing and think it would be fun! Maybe you'll see us someday riding along with those silly helmets on our heads and our glutes hanging off those teeny tiny seats...Oouch!

Back to traveling...I'm looking forward to getting away and lovin on T-bird and Erin. Tomorrow at this time we'll be on the road! Yippee!

1 comment: