Monday, July 18, 2011

Tea Time in Kenya!


It's been 2 days since returning home from our Mission Trip to Kenya. As I look at the clock it is 12 noon here and it is now 7 p.m. Kenya Time. My sisters in Christ across the globe are getting ready for the evening while I'm now settling into the routines of the day at home. This morning during devotion time I wrestled with sadness missing the dear ladies from Kisumu, Kibera, Mathare 1 and 2 Thika 1 and 2, Makueni 1 and 2 and the LIA leaders that pour out themselves for the ministry. God sent us amazing women who face incredible struggles that are very similar to our own yet in their circumstances far more discouraging and oppressive then anything I have ever faced. Their faithfulness to praise God and lift Him up in spite of everything encouraged me and strengthened me. I will never be the same again. I loved serving breakfast each morning to God before the morning dawned in song and prayer with these ladies. Their joy for the Lord was contagious and their reliance on the Holy Spirit for guidance each day inspired me. God's mission to encourage and strengthen all of our daily journeys with Him was accomplished through His power and sovereignty.

This morning I wondered about our place in life. I prayed that God would protect my new friends and their families. I prayed that their daily bread would be sufficient. I went to God's Word for assurance and read Acts 17:26-28 after reading today's devotion in Jesus' Calling. God's word spoke to my sadness and settled my mind. Our position physically and spiritually in life enables us to seek Him and if we choose...reach out for Him. He is near. He is waiting.

Our team's focus throughout the week was mentorship, encouraging the ladies to be intentional about their own daily devotion time in the Word, believing God is who he says he is and will do what He says he will do using the book of Joshua for teaching. We received far more than we gave. God is just like that... when you say, "Yes Lord please send me" He blesses beyond measure!

I hope you enjoy some of the pictures I captured along the way in Kenya. I'll add more as I receive them from others that went with me on the trip. Thanks to all those who sacrificed your finances and time for prayer. I know it was your prayers and support that carried me along.

2011 Kenya Mission Trip">

No comments:

Post a Comment